Adult cardiac anesthesia board exam

Started by Maloose
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maloose

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone knows what source to use to study for the adult cardiac anesthesia board (ACA) exam, other than following the outline posted on the ABA website?
The outline is fairly extensive and broad.
Anyone interested in creating a study group to share outline content and questions?
Thanks.
 
Anyone knows what source to use to study for the adult cardiac anesthesia board (ACA) exam, other than following the outline posted on the ABA website?
The outline is fairly extensive and broad.
Anyone interested in creating a study group to share outline content and questions?
Thanks.
I’ve read Hensley a couple times. And yes to study group.
 
pass on the true learn question bank and do the SCA university course instead. true learn is not a good exam prep for it.

Heavy thoracoabdominal aneurysm and spinal drain management
heavy LVAD management
heavy pHTN/HF management
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm glad I took it last year when it was offered the first time and I was still relatively fresh out of fellowhsip. I definitely wouldn't have passed this year after one year in practice..
 
pass on the true learn question bank and do the SCA university course instead. true learn is not a good exam prep for it.

Heavy thoracoabdominal aneurysm and spinal drain management
heavy LVAD management
heavy pHTN/HF management

I'm glad I took it last year when it was offered the first time and I was still relatively fresh out of fellowhsip. I definitely wouldn't have passed this year after one year in practice..
The test is quite clinical. I've found the SCA course to be more basic science than practical, but it's free for most of us so no harm. I would think having a few years of real world management of cardiac patients would only help. OTOH, can't blame anyone for taking it right after fellowship. Hopefully this is the last standardized test I will have to take now that everything is moving towards MOCA.