Coursework & Fieldwork Adult Phys Dys Level 2 Fieldwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SFsoon2bOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm preparing to go onto my level 2 fieldworks and I'm trying to decide what to do my adult phys dys one. I have to decide between a snf that is 15 mins from or a hospital that is over an hour from home. I'm just wondering which placement setting would be more beneficial to my learning as an OT. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I would go for the hospital. They usually have pretty established programs for students and you'll get a better range of patients. If you end up working in a SNF, your hospital skills will easily carry over. The long commute is just for 3 months so I think it's worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hospital acute will be good for evaluation, documentation, exposure to different medical disabilities.

Inpatient Rehab/ SNF will be better for getring good with treatment.

Depends on what you like, what you want, and what is your other Level II. I agree with werdna- hospital skills are more difficult to develop and with less opportunities. Hospital skills easily transfer into SNF versus the other way is more challenging.

Reactions: 1 user