Advanced Exam (Written Boards) 2017

Started by Dawkter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dawkter

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have senior residents started studying for this exam yet? Curious as to if anyone has tried the Pass Machine online course and would suggest it as a good alternative to the Jensen course.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Planning on using True Learn as well. Not looking forward to being a guinea pig on the OSCE/sim part, but at least with the first wave it'll likely have a very low fail rate.
 
Using True Learn and if I have time PM question bank and lectures along with ACE if any left over.

Also, they published pass rate for last year, 93%!?!?!
 
On a recommendation from this board I got Yao and Artusio's text and it's great, just a bit heavy. I also have Faust, the newest edition is OK in my opinion but several of my classmates use it.
 
Have senior residents started studying for this exam yet? Curious as to if anyone has tried the Pass Machine online course and would suggest it as a good alternative to the Jensen course.

I am a current CA-3 and ordered the Pass Machine. I would recommend to Pass on their review course. The lectures are too superficial and don't provide the level of detail needed to answer practice questions that I see on true learn, ACE, or our ITE's.