Advanced standing-questions ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by hamdi riad
would it make a difference if a person has a green card and is applying to an advance standing program:confused:
Yes it would !

DDS degree will allow you to practice here , residency program will not.

Good Luck !

Members don't see this ad.

I think NYU starts the process of interviews in Sept.
Rest u can call the dental school and find out for sure.

If I want to request course by course ECE report, what kind of doucements I have to send?
Do I have to describe which textbook I used and describe about classes? Or do I need to send just official transcripts which I get from my school?
I'm confused.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
You do not need to list the text books that you read for your course-by-course evaluations. All you need to send them is official transcripts and maybe an attested copy of your degree certificate. Hope it helps,
saravs

Hi saturdayreview,
If I want to request course by course ECE report, what kind of doucements I have to send?

generally it is enough to send ur transcripts. but sometimes depending on which country u studied from u might have to send the syllabus book. u can check on their website or then call them up to find out.

itsme

hi

plz anyone tell me is the advanced standing and DDS are the one and the same ???one more thing is upenn says they need official transcripts.but i dont have it i have only the original certificates of marks cards and degree .are they sufficient or should i have to get the trascript from my country .plz help me
thankx
smiledesigne

hi "henna" and "its me "
its bad on your part to make fun of someone's question thisway. u know, ive come to US only 3 weeks back .i have no knowledge abt the dentisty programme in US ..i have seen people asking in the student forums if advanced standing programme is better than DDS.so i was confused if they are two diff courses.if u feel the question sounds silly u can explain it to me if u r kind enough or else ,u can keep u r mouth shut .plz realize that
EVERYBODY ARE IGNORANT.BUT,ON DIFF TOPICS
smiledesigner

Originally posted by SmileDesigner
hi

plz anyone tell me is the advanced standing and DDS are the one and the same ???

i have seen people asking in the student forums if advanced standing programme is better than DDS.

You've answered your own question there, haven't you ?

From your post it sounds like you have started applying to schools already, I am not sure how you can apply for a program if you dont even know what program you are are getting into.

Since you are in the "US" the first lesson for you is that you can't expect people to spoon feed you. Do your homework , if you dont know where to start in this forum use the search key. Lighten up !
If you use vulgarity again you will not be allowed to use these forums, consider this a friendly warning.

Originally posted by Henna
........ the first lesson for you is that you can't expect people to spoon feed you. Do your homework , if you dont know where to start in this forum use the search key........

:eek: Oh my god, finally someone has said it. :clap:

This should be the very first thing every single new user should be advised to do in the SDN forums. To use the search option before posting a topic, that might have been discussed before. I don't know about other forums, but this sure happens here over and over and over and over and over........... until one gives up and just doesn't answer anymore. :D

:
its bad on your part to make fun of someone's question thisway. u know, ive come to US only 3 weeks back .i have no knowledge abt the dentisty programme in US ..i have seen people asking in the student forums if advanced standing programme is better than DDS.so i was confused if they are two diff courses.if u feel the question sounds silly u can explain it to me if u r kind enough or else ,u can keep u r mouth shut .plz realize that

First of all lemme tell u i was not makin fun of u. its jes that i was surprised that u are on this forum and still asking that question
plz anyone tell me is the advanced standing and DDS are the one and the same ???

i am sure u wud have already read the previous threads, if u have not then maybe u shud coz u wud find the answers urself.

one more thing is upenn says they need official transcripts.but i dont have it i have only the original certificates of marks cards and degree .
this means u have already started ur application process. and if u have then ..... i dont really understand ur Q.

once again I WAS NOT making FUN, i was SURPRISED:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
if u feel the question sounds silly u can explain it to me if u r kind enough or else ,u can keep u r mouth shut

I did not know u type on this forum using ur mouth, how do u do that???
gotta learn a lot from u.:rolleyes: :eek:

hi everybody , I met this site in my yahoo search , about dental school school ranking , and to be honest , I am impressed by the attitude of folks here, with a true understanding of help...thats great ....

I have applied to advanced standing programs only, to 11 schools and I have been accepted to Tufts for the coming april . I also received int from Pennsylvania U ..and others like BU , NYU, UCSF, Pittsburgh, loma linda....They will be conducting interviews in the coming months....I have to secure my place before september 26 , at tufts, I liked what I have seen there, but I did not have the chance to compare it with others ,,, especially with penn. u since they called me...my intension with yahoo search was to find out the comparison between the two....when I am back from Pennsylvania , I am gonna still have a week to send my depoeist and papers....so ....probably I have to decide when I am in the plane , on my way back :confused:

I appreciate any slight insight about that ..after all it s not certain penn. will accept after int...

I can help henna ...I have the number for cancellations and rescheduling
1-800-688 58 04 hope that helps

Originally posted by bleach
I can help henna ...I have the number for cancellations and rescheduling
1-800-688 58 04 hope that helps
I dont know what you meant by that, anyways welcome to the forum you'll find a wealth of information in here.

I would strongly recommend that you go for all the interviews if you can ( or aleast a few ). You can also secure your seat at tufts in the meanwhile, I know its a lot of money but then you also want to make sure that you are at the place that you want to be. It'll be worth it. ( I'd leave out the N's and the L's if I had to pick out from the above mentioned schools)

hi

let me explain u guys the reasons behind my questions .
ive gone through the que placed by a student called ZAIN dated on 8-21-2003. under the thread "DDS orADVANCED STANDING PROGRAMME''.he said he wants to join advanced standing programme instead of wasting time on NDBE ,which confused me to a great extent
one more thing is just bcoz ive asked abt the transcripts how can u conclude that ive already applied 2 schools.??iasked it bcoz i read somewhere that official transcrits are needed.

students join such forums to share knowledge and information if u feel answering my question would be like spoon feedind me u can ignore the question as well . we need your answers abt the required informationbut not ur comments and emotions.
u have never answered my second question which shows u have attepted the question only to insult the person who asked it .i would have been very much thankful to u if u had answered a simple ''yes'' or ''no'' instead of wasting your time and my time .
dont insult and discourage students this way as
EVERY BODY ARE IGNORANT .BUT ,IN DIFF TOPICS
i wish u would not repeat the same thing with anyother student
sorry if i sounded a bit rude .this is my friendly advice to u
smiledesigner

students join such forums to share knowledge and information if u feel answering my question would be like spoon feedind me u can ignore the question as well . we need your answers abt the required informationbut not ur comments and emotions.
i wish u would not repeat the same thing with anyother student
sorry if i sounded a bit rude .this is my friendly advice to u
smiledesigner

No one is obligated to answer anyone's question here and I will do just that.

Good luck with DDS or advanced standing or whatever :rolleyes:

thanx henna
wish u good luck u would be a good moderator.......

..............someday!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

hi itsme
thank you so much .iam so happy to find an advicer like u in this forum,who is ready to help people who are new to this , like me . studentdoctor.com def needs people like you . thank you you so much for ur helping hand
iam planning to take my part-1 in dec so do i have to apply to the uni (that require only part-1)even b4 the results are announced?adv me what all uni i can apply and their dead lines or else shd ive have to wait until part-1 (dec) is announced?
if i have to apply b4 the announcement of the result plz advice me the list of uni to which iam eligible
thanks
smiledesigner

hi bleach
congrats on ur sacceptance at tufts:clap: :clap: :clap: ,from what i know tufts has set high score standards for acceptance,do u mind sharing ur score with us.......i am sure it will be high

iam planning to take my part-1 in dec so do i have to apply to the uni (that require only part-1)even b4 the results are announced?adv me what all uni i can apply and their dead lines or else shd ive have to wait until part-1 (dec) is announced?

From what I know, if u are taking ur exam in dec, then u cud apply to BU, NYU and Upenn. Until last year Upenn had Feb 15 as the deadline, but from this year it is Jan 16. Maybe u can call them and find out if it was possible to send in the application and then once u recieve the scores u cud send those. this year the exam is on dec 1, 2003 and u cud expect ur results from ada by feb 1, 2004. NYU and BU have their deadlines after that date.
also if u plan to practice in illinois, then u can apply to Univ of Illinois. I think u can apply before u get ur results but again it depends on the univ, it is always better to call them and check. BU has an online application and u have to complete all the fields before submitting it.
itsme

hi its me
thanks a lot . sometime back u said some one that we also can join nonclinicals and get associated with universities and teach .can u tell me the detailes if u can ? how shd i proceed?
i want to know this bcoz i want to have multipul options
by the way ,are u already into the course(DDS)or ontheway???

Come on folks, you're getting trolled. I'm closing this guest's account based on our TOS regarding trolls.

What's a troll? What does it means "getting trolled"?

Originally posted by Lee A Burnett
Come on folks, you're getting trolled. I'm closing this guest's account based on our TOS regarding trolls.

Thanks Lee.

Hi meggs,
I have read about trolls in Harry Potter.it is a huge dumb giant who attacks people senselessly ,without any kind of provocation.seen in the magical world.
i don't know whether it is used in the same context here[attacking our moderator].but it sure makes sense.
don't know whather my guess is correct.but it is the only one i can think of.
feel free to correct me if i am wrong anyone.........:)

hi everybody , I met this site in my yahoo search , about dental school school ranking..........

This is not exactly a ranking, but at least lets you compare numbers. I got from the pre-dental forum:
http://lifesci.rutgers.edu/~hpo/dstats.htm

About trolls and trolling, Thanks dentek2, I get it now.
I never thought one could actually learn something from Harry Potter, I guess one never knows......;)

thanks shilpi..no my scores are pretty average, p1 87 and p2 is 85 ,

meggs ..I benefited from ur link ..thanks

actually I m wondering if anyone knows about boston university..I received inviation for dexterity test from Loma Linda but so far I have an insight that I should not be seriously considering LL, I also read their mission from their website ..I am :confused:

I also would like to hear if anyone of u has gone through co- signer process ...I am at the first steps now, I called several lender companies to learn what actually they will be looking in the co signer ....

anything I can be of some help to anybody...is more than welcome ...

meggs ..I benefited from ur link ..thanks.........

............... I also would like to hear if anyone of u has gone through co- signer process ...I am at the first steps now, I called several lender companies to learn what actually they will be looking in the co signer ....

Your welcome bleach, btw check your private messagges.

About private loans, check these threads where the private loans issue has been discussed before:

Best private loan source
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77277

Loans for International Students
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70957

They don't cover absolutly everything you need to know, but at least gets you started. You should bump it if need to keep the discussion going.

thanks a lot...was very helpful...It s my time to inquire abt this loan...they said they will send a booklet about the lender companies ....after they receive the deposit ...

I did not know I-94 has an expiration date..mine has no date on it ...should I be happy ??:) I think INS does not want me to leave states :laugh: