1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Advantage for 2nd Year Applicants?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ERob, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ERob

ERob Member
    7+ Year Member

Do you really think that med schools think that much more better about you if apply for a second time as opposed to your first application? I've been told that this sheds good light on you because, of course, you're showing your commitment to the profession. I am one if you were wondering....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

hey ERob that is what i have heard too.. i se u are in Az? me too. .u going for U of A? im at ASU myself applying first time to U of A.. among 20 others! good luck, i herad U of A espeically looks upon second time arounders.. good luck

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, I think you do get some points for dedication and persistance, but I also think they look for some improvement in your application. Good luck! :)

5. ERob

ERob Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I am applying at the U of A for the second time. I attended the reapplication seminary they held last year, and that is what they made it sound like. I am actually living in Phoenix right now, I graduated from the U of A last year.

6. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I hope your right. I'm a reapplicant

7. jot

jot

at our shcool they have data tables abotu this and almost everyone wth scores above a 3.2 gets in the second time around. goodluck to ya - hope you get it.

8. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

jot

what school do/did you go to? and are those tables and stats online by any chance?

thanks in advance

9. holler79

holler79 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oH GOD pleassssssssssseee let you guys be right!!!