1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Advantage for 2nd Year Applicants?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ERob, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ERob

ERob Member
    7+ Year Member

Do you really think that med schools think that much more better about you if apply for a second time as opposed to your first application? I've been told that this sheds good light on you because, of course, you're showing your commitment to the profession. I am one if you were wondering....

2. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

hey ERob that is what i have heard too.. i se u are in Az? me too. .u going for U of A? im at ASU myself applying first time to U of A.. among 20 others! good luck, i herad U of A espeically looks upon second time arounders.. good luck

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, I think you do get some points for dedication and persistance, but I also think they look for some improvement in your application. Good luck! :)

4. OP
    OP
    ERob

ERob Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I am applying at the U of A for the second time. I attended the reapplication seminary they held last year, and that is what they made it sound like. I am actually living in Phoenix right now, I graduated from the U of A last year.

5. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I hope your right. I'm a reapplicant

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jot

jot

at our shcool they have data tables abotu this and almost everyone wth scores above a 3.2 gets in the second time around. goodluck to ya - hope you get it.

7. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

jot

what school do/did you go to? and are those tables and stats online by any chance?

thanks in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. holler79

holler79 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oH GOD pleassssssssssseee let you guys be right!!!