Advantages of Bachelor degree before Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missybitsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm going into my 3rd year of undergrad and I'm applying to a few pharmacy schools this year. If I get accepted, I'll start next Fall and will not be completing my Bachelor degree requirement. I think I have a very good shot at getting into at least one of those pharmacy schools. However, do you think it's worth it to get a bachelor before pharmacy school ? Am I going to miss out on anything? I don't want to have any regret later on down the road.

Thanks for your comments!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm going into my 3rd year of undergrad and I'm applying to a few pharmacy schools this year. If I get accepted, I'll start next Fall and will not be completing my Bachelor degree requirement. I think I have a very good shot at getting into at least one of those pharmacy schools. However, do you think it's worth it to get a bachelor before pharmacy school ? Am I going to miss out on anything? I don't want to have any regret later on down the road.

Might as well stay extra year for bachelors lol. What schools are you applying to? Many good schools like that bachelors

IMHO, I don't think you are going to miss anything at all. If you have finished the pre-requisites and the school of your choice does not require a bachelor's degree, go ahead and apply. If you get in then you will be saving at least a year's worth of tuition. If not, then you can reapply. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

If you got in why spin your wheels in undergrad? Unless its engineering or something just go right in.

If money and time is not an issue, then sure, why not?

A few things to consider:

1 - Saturation of the job market is getting worse every year; further delaying matriculation could hurt employment prospects.

2 - If your degree is practical and would make seeking employment feasible then you may want to complete your degree in order to have a back up plan in case you would like to change careers later down the road or do not find employment.

Obviously there are pros and cons to whether to complete your degree. It just depends on your personal decision to place all your eggs in one basket or not.