ADVERSITY ESSAYS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nibhighfootballrules

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all quick question about a common secondary prompt.

Is it unwise to talk about changing careers as dealing with adversity, especially when the prompt is optional? For myself starting over again and the subsequent sacrifices that needed to be made proved to be a trying time in my life but I am worried that this might come across as disrespectful to those who faced true adversity. I know that it is all relative but I don't want it to appear that I am comparing sacrificing autonomy, time, and money to pursue a career in medicine with significant hardships such as dealing with a death, disease, or being discriminated against. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... while not impossible I think more information is required in order to gauge how to best tackle that angle. However, I think that if there were indeed sacrifices that had to be endured and overcome than it fits the essay prompt.

Hi all quick question about a common secondary prompt.

Is it unwise to talk about changing careers as dealing with adversity, especially when the prompt is optional? For myself starting over again and the subsequent sacrifices that needed to be made proved to be a trying time in my life but I am worried that this might come across as disrespectful to those who faced true adversity. I know that it is all relative but I don't want it to appear that I am comparing sacrificing autonomy, time, and money to pursue a career in medicine with significant hardships such as dealing with a death, disease, or being discriminated against. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
It might work