-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Advertisement
Started by Noyac
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So nobody advertises, right?
I know, why would we.
I know, why would we.
So nobody advertises, right?
I know, why would we.
Something to be said for building a brand in what is mostly a commodity market right now.
I bet giving business cards to family members would work well for almost no $$.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are thinking of putting together a nice website. I know so many patients are web-savvy and I think it's probably a good idea even if the hospital has the basic info on their website. We're not employees of them and I've seen some nice websites by other groups. Pretty slick.
We are thinking of putting together a nice website. I know so many patients are web-savvy and I think it's probably a good idea even if the hospital has the basic info on their website. We're not employees of them and I've seen some nice websites by other groups. Pretty slick.
Can you reference some of those websites here?
best bet is to advertise not to the general public but to those who make decisions - hospital admin / surgeons///
Agreed however, if joblow public comes to the surgeon and asks if he uses that anesthesia group he heard on NPR, that might catch some ears. If the administrator sees you building a reputation for your group and there is a buzz about the group with all board certified physicians (for example) then your clout grows, right. I'm brainstorming but I'm sure there can be some benefit gained.
I think advertising is a good idea if you are in the market for expanding or acquiring new contracts.
I am not sure it would be helpful in other situations.
I am not sure it would be helpful in other situations.
best bet is to advertise not to the general public but to those who make decisions - hospital admin / surgeons///
That assumes the hospital/surgeons have any input into who is hired in an anesthesia department. In ours, they don't.
Can you reference some of those websites here?
Here's some that represent the basics of what I think a good website should have, brief bios, FAQ, and some kind of a mission statement (note these were googled easily and I have no ties to any of these groups, but their place in google is important too). They also look professional:
http://www.paspc.org/
http://morrisanesthesia.com/
http://www.anesgrp.com/
http://www.oagpc.com/
http://www.cagmed.com/
http://www.anesthesiologygroupassociates.com
http://www.anesthesiagrouppractice.com/
http://www.fgtba.com/index.html
Here's a couple that don't make the grade in my book:
http://www.guardiananesthesia.com/
http://seattleanesthesia.net/