Advertising MD/PhD programs

Started by gschl1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gschl1234

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any of you receive letters inviting you to apply to MD/PhD programs at a Case Western affiliate and at U. of Illinois-Urbana-Campaign? I am completely puzzled 😕 because:
1. I didn't apply to either med school on my AMCAS ap.
2. I'm still waiting for my AMCAS ap. to be verified.
3. Each alludes to my MCAT performance. I'm extremely puzzled because it was my understanding that none of the schools get information about you until they've verified your transcripts etc...

My questions are the following:
1. Do all med schools get your stats even before verification by AMCAS?
2. Do all med schools get other information about you such as where you've been to school and what classes you took?
3. Are these particular MD/PhD programs desperate for applicants?
4. Does advertising mean that the quality of the school is questionable?

I'm not very knowledgeable about the application process and many of you seem very familiar so I would be very grateful for any explanations.

Thanks 🙂
 
My questions are the following:
1. Do all med schools get your stats even before verification by AMCAS?
2. Do all med schools get other information about you such as where you've been to school and what classes you took?
3. Are these particular MD/PhD programs desperate for applicants?
4. Does advertising mean that the quality of the school is questionable?

You probably should have posted this on the MSTP forum.

1. Don't know.
2. Don't know.
3. No.
4. No. No MSTP is a *bad* program, just like no MD is a bad school. Some simply may have more competitive qualities than others. In the end, it doesn't really matter where you go for MSTP. It's who and what you do your research with.