Advice about LORs for reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonythetiger10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm planning on reapplying next cycle but I have a question about LOR's and would love to get your advice. So basically I am in my second year of working as a lab tech after graduating from college in 2014. As a reapplicant though, I don't really have any new letter writers that I can ask. My current PI obviously would have new things to add to his letter, but other than that do you have any suggestions on what to do? I've been involved in a few other activities but nothing as significant as from undergrad, so I don't think I'd be able to get LOR's from those activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I'm planning on reapplying next cycle but I have a question about LOR's and would love to get your advice. So basically I am in my second year of working as a lab tech after graduating from college in 2014. As a reapplicant though, I don't really have any new letter writers that I can ask. My current PI obviously would have new things to add to his letter, but other than that do you have any suggestions on what to do? I've been involved in a few other activities but nothing as significant as from undergrad, so I don't think I'd be able to get LOR's from those activities.

If you can not get new letters, it's ok. However, I would recommend you procure at least one new letter to show that your application has changed since you first applied. Your PI's letter would likely suffice.