Huge mistake with AMCAS LORs as Reapplicant, is there anything I can do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jugglerbrah

Reaction score
Reapplicant here. Last year I had seven LORs submitted. Their info was copied over to this year, but I did realize that I needed to create completely new entries for each for Interfolio to work. I have already assigned some of these letters to schools even though they will never be received at this point.

Luckily, I do have three extra spots to work with, but some of the schools I am applying to request more than three letters. Is there any way out of this? Would Amcas potentially be willing to help me edit the info on my letters? Maybe Interfolio could help by re-sending last year's deliveries?

Worried I just completely ruined this application cycle before it even began, at least for the schools I already assigned the unreceived letters to. Is there anything I can do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reapplicant here. Last year I had seven LORs submitted. Their info was copied over to this year, but I did realize that I needed to create completely new entries for each for Interfolio to work. I have already assigned some of these letters to schools even though they will never be received at this point.

Luckily, I do have three extra spots to work with, but some of the schools I am applying to request more than three letters. Is there any way out of this? Would Amcas potentially be willing to help me edit the info on my letters? Maybe Interfolio could help by re-sending last year's deliveries?

Worried I just completely ruined this application cycle before it even began, at least for the schools I already assigned the unreceived letters to. Is there anything I can do?
The letters don’t copy over but you can ask Interfolio to send them again
Get on the Interfolio site to see how

The letters don’t copy over but you can ask Interfolio to send them again
Get on the Interfolio site to see how
Thanks for the help. I don't see a way to re-deliver a request from a year ago on Interfolio anywhere, are you sure that's possible? Reached out to their customer support, maybe they can do it manually.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help. I don't see a way to re-deliver a request from a year ago on Interfolio anywhere, are you sure that's possible? Reached out to their customer support, maybe they can do it manually.
you will also have to pay again for them to send again.
In reference to your other question, neither AMCAS nor Interfolio will "edit" the letters for you. I assume you mean by putting a new date on them. If they are just 1 year old they should be ok.

you will also have to pay again for them to send again.
In reference to your other question, neither AMCAS nor Interfolio will "edit" the letters for you. I assume you mean by putting a new date on them. If they are just 1 year old they should be ok.
Sorry, the issue isn't that the dates are wrong. The issue is that my AMCAS letter entries from last year carried over, with the previous year's interfolio information in them. Thus, when I try to send the letters from Interfolio again, the code is changed and they can't be delivered. So I essentially have seven 'zombie' letters on AMCAS that can never be received (unless interfolio can do something, or AMCAS lets me edit the email)

Sorry, the issue isn't that the dates are wrong. The issue is that my AMCAS letter entries from last year carried over, with the previous year's interfolio information in them. Thus, when I try to send the letters from Interfolio again, the code is changed and they can't be delivered. So I essentially have seven 'zombie' letters on AMCAS that can never be received (unless interfolio can do something, or AMCAS lets me edit the email)
This is something you will have to work out with AMCAS and Interfolio customer service if it has become a complex situation.

Reactions: 1 user