advice about when to start pt school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

texascaroline

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right now I am 22. I have a bachelors but am going back to get some prereqs (I should say most of my prereqs)

So if you take the 2 semesters of Bio, 2 of Chem, 2 of Physics, 2 of A&P, 2 psych classes, and medical terminology you get 11 classes (not counting some oddball courses that some schools require)

I've taken 2 (bio I and a psych). This summer I am taking Physics I & II. So I will have finished 4 of the 11 'generally required' prereqs courses when it comes to apply in september. I have a plan to finish these remaining 7 by the time I start school but how will this affect me getting in this go-around?

other stats: 1260 GRE, 3.7 GPA (non prereq), I will only have about 80 volunteer hours at the time I apply.

I am trying to decide on whether or not I push myself really hard this coming year and maybe get in or do I take a year, focus on classes and volunteering and then apply for the next round? advice?
 
I think your stats are pretty perfect. I got in to all of the schools I applied to with a 3.67, (3.5 prereq), 1220 GRE, and 75 volunteer hours. At the time of application I still had not completed 4 of my science pre-reqs (anatomy, physiology, physics II, and Chem II)
 
Univ. of St. Augustine starts a new cohort every semester. I don't know of any other schools that do that. It seems all the State schools have Fall admissions only.