Advice...DMU, PCOM, and CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenley07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently been accepted to DMU (yay!), after not hearing anything from any of the other schools I have applied to. I had completely given up on these other schools after not hearing anything at all for the last 3 months. However, just this past week I received interview invites to both CCOM and PCOM and I'm having difficulty deciding if I should go ahead and accept them. They are both very good schools and I would love to have the opportunity to check them out to see if they might be a better fit for me. I'm wondering though if it is worth all the time and money to travel to these schools when it is so late in the interview season and my chances of acceptance are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day. (Oh, and by the way I would be out of state at both of these institutions). What do you guys think? I know this is my decision and all but I'd appreciate the input. Thank you!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I've recently been accepted to DMU (yay!), after not hearing anything from any of the other schools I have applied to. I had completely given up on these other schools after not hearing anything at all for the last 3 months. However, just this past week I received interview invites to both CCOM and PCOM and I'm having difficulty deciding if I should go ahead and accept them. They are both very good schools and I would love to have the opportunity to check them out to see if they might be a better fit for me. I'm wondering though if it is worth all the time and money to travel to these schools when it is so late in the interview season and my chances of acceptance are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day. (Oh, and by the way I would be out of state at both of these institutions). What do you guys think? I know this is my decision and all but I'd appreciate the input. Thank you!:)

PCOM and CCOM are both private institutions, so state residency won't matter. My advice, if you've got the money, go check PCOM and CCOM out. All of the aforementioned schools will provide you with a solid education, but the Des Moines area is different than Philly, which is different than Chicago. You may end up visiting each school and finding one program that really appeals to you. Worst that happens is you end up at DMU, which is not a bad place :D .

I think it depends on you. PCOM doesn't have varying rates for instate/out of state students so that doesn't matter (I don't know about CCOM). What sort of feel did you get from DMU? Hypothetically, if you were accepted at all 3, which would you have chosen before now?

It is late in the interview season, but that doesn't mean there are not spots at both schools and if they thought you are qualified to interview, you'd have a shot at getting in. If you are skeptical about DMU, don't pass up these opportunities if you will regret not seeing how each school fits with you, in the long run the extra money for visiting will be worth it if you are in the "right" school for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd try to go to both interviews if I were you. PCOM & CCOM are just great schools, (as is DMU!) and you might find something at one of them that would make it your first choice in the end, that you wouldn't know by not going!

Good luck!

when did you have your DMU interview and when did you find out?

I'd accept the offers with my eyes closed. Those are fantastic schools, and the costs of going to the interviews are well worth it.

when did you have your DMU interview and when did you find out?

I interviewed early January and found out 2 weeks later! Also, thanks for all of the input everyone has given. I really appreciate it:)