Advice for being waitlisted at multiple schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearlywhites_77

Reaction score
Hi everyone! December 15th passed and I got put on the waitlist at two schools. I need advice on when to send a letter of intent. I am waiting on another school's decision (which would be my first choice and I already interviewed there), however I don't want to jeopardize a potential seat at another school by waiting.

I don't want to have to reapply so need some advice on how to move forward in the most strategic and timely way.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until the last week of December of beginning of January just because the schools are going to be swamped with sending out decisions (some schools are still working on it). You could send a letter of interest instead of intent, since the letter of intent means you would drop everywhere else if you get accepted to that school. Bootcamp admission facebook group has a link on how to write either of the letters, so I'd check it out, best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I would wait until the last week of December of beginning of January just because the schools are going to be swamped with sending out decisions (some schools are still working on it). You could send a letter of interest instead of intent, since the letter of intent means you would drop everywhere else if you get accepted to that school. Bootcamp admission facebook group has a link on how to write either of the letters, so I'd check it out, best of luck!
Do you think I should wait to send intent until I hear from the other school in January about my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait until the first deadline passes for the first round of offers to decide. Chances are you will move off those waitlists after then or you will hear from schools you just interviewed for. Every school manages alternates differently from each other.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I message you to explain the specifics of the situation?
Wait until the first deadline passes for the first round of offers to decide. Chances are you will move off those waitlists after then or you will hear from schools you just interviewed for. Every school manages alternates differently from each other.

When is the first deadline?

What do you think about this year with a lot of applicants applying, do you see waitlist movement being less or more this year?

Reactions: 1 user