Advice for how to approach the rest of my undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picklejit

Reaction score
Hello, so as the title of the thread implies, I would like some guidance to know what to do because my advisors are pretty unhelpful, and I do not know any dental school students.

So currently, I am a first year, and I got an A in Bio but a C+ in Chemistry. I had a bit of a hiccup there, and it's not that I found the subject extremely difficult; I was just mentally going through a rough patch. Anyways besides that I feel like my science abilities are pretty good, and my math isn't bad. I am planning on taking Bio 2 and Chem 2 next fall in hopes of getting an A and have already got a lot of shadowing opportunities over this summer.

Can I get into dental school even with a C+ in chem 1? lol really worried about that. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, one C+ is not going to kill your dreams. Just keep your head up and focus on why you didn't do as well on chem 1. Chem 2 will be slightly harder, at least that's what I thought. But if you know how to study properly it will be okay. Being a freshman you may get some slack cut as long as you show improvement in your grades throughout undergrad in the eyes of admissions, but do your best and not slack off. Take the time to learn new techniques for studying, what works and what doesn't. Classes only get more complex from there. This is all foundational material.

You will learn to be more efficient in your studying and things will become easier as you get better and what works for you. You're still a freshman, things will get better over time. Take a breather, try to relax, and just be present. Try to not think too much into the future, it can cause unnecessary anxiety. Just take one step at a time.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Show you have learned to use your resources to help you be more effective in studying. If you can't, then your journey to dental school will get tougher.

Also, why do you think your advisors are not helpful? Maybe they aren't but what are they telling you?