Advice for Incoming M1s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KimPossibleMD

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, friends!

With school starting in a few months, I was curious to see what advice current med students have for incoming M1s. What resources do you recommend using early on? What techniques or technologies did you find useful in studying? How did you go about finding a mentor? I'll take any and all recommendations with regard to academics, social life, professional skills, etc. Thanks!
 
@Goro has a pretty good post for this. MD & DO - Goro’s guide to success in medical school (2017 ed.)

It's technically for Class of 2021 people starting, but the shoe still fits. However, a lot of the things will probably be something you figure out when you get to school. Some people are lecture goers, others swear by UFAP, others Anki, etc. It's really variable and subjective so I'm not sure you'll get advice that will necessarily be best for you since it can be personal.
 
I recommend using the search function.
I'm sure there are other threads all over this website, but I haven't narrowed my scope enough to delve through all the pertinent ones on here just yet. I am also new to sdn and am just feeling my way around. No need to be snarky. Have a good day.