Advice for logging C-L hours in Time2Track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinaColaDoc

Reaction score
Hey all! First-time poster here :). Does anyone have advice on how to categorize consultation-liaison hours in Time2Track? According to the T2T website, the "consultation" category includes "time spent consulting with other professionals when determining standard of care" which doesn't seem like the appropriate category, given C-L work is client-facing. Someone suggested "individual therapy" might be the best category which seems to make the most sense. I just wonder if it would look odd to internship sites that that the number of individuals is so high for the number of hours. I see new clients each week for C-L work but I also have longterm therapy clients so I wouldn't want someone reviewing my application to think I've averaged 3 sessions per client. I guess people administering single session interventions would probably encounter the same issue...

Members don't see this ad.

Mind you this is just purely my own experience, but I did exactly what you described of listing the direct facing patient hours as "consult" and was told on multiple interviews when I would explain that those hours were patient facing, that I would have been better served listing the hours as "individual therapy" instead.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m at a supplemental practicum site where I see individuals for one session. Sometimes the sessions are more consultation/psychoed and sometimes they’re more therapy oriented. I’m instructed to log my hours as individual therapy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mind you this is just purely my own experience, but I did exactly what you described of listing the direct facing patient hours as "consult" and was told on multiple interviews when I would explain that those hours were patient facing, that I would have been better served listing the hours as "individual therapy" instead.
Thank you for sharing! That is really helpful to know.

I’m at a supplemental practicum site where I see individuals for one session. Sometimes the sessions are more consultation/psychoed and sometimes they’re more therapy oriented. I’m instructed to log my hours as individual therapy.
Ah thank you! My only concern was that it would look odd to have so many individual patients (or might make it harder to "see" my experience with longer term therapy clients) but I suppose that's easy enough to explain if anyone asks and they'll probably put two and two together when reading the application in its entirety...

Ah thank you! My only concern was that it would look odd to have so many individual patients (or might make it harder to "see" my experience with longer term therapy clients) but I suppose that's easy enough to explain if anyone asks and they'll probably put two and two together when reading the application in its entirety...
I’m pretty sure they’ll know right away from your CV and/or cover letter, since you’ll specify the clientele you see and for how long. At least that’s how I understand it.

Reactions: 2 users
I did a C-L practicum and listed mine as individual therapy. I had no questions on my interviews about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't done C-L work, but for any work I did do that didn't quite fit the T2T definitions per training director instruction I created my own activity type and tracked patients/clients accordingly. Then I could explain what it was when asked.