advice for M2

Started by GujuMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in neurology. Right now studying for USMLE. I just did 2 years at a caribbean school, US resident.
Any advice for me- as far as USMLE goes, M3 and M4....
 
I am interested in neurology. Right now studying for USMLE. I just did 2 years at a caribbean school, US resident.
Any advice for me- as far as USMLE goes, M3 and M4....

Study your ass off for Step 1 to get the best score that you can. Do especially well on your medicine and neurology clerkships, bust your tail on your neurology and medicine sub-I's as an M4, learn as much medicine as you can, esp. stuff that is relevant to neuro - rheum, cards, id.
 
I am interested in neurology. Right now studying for USMLE. I just did 2 years at a caribbean school, US resident.
Any advice for me- as far as USMLE goes, M3 and M4....

Set up your schedule so that you get exposure to neuro and related fields early enough to make an informed choice. Students interested in neuro often also think about medicine, neurosurg, psych, opthamology and several other disciplines.

If you are intersted in academics, research experience is also good.