Advice for OMS-1 Interested in Anesthesia

Started by Jaharity
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jaharity

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title pretty much. As of now, I have not gotten any research or extracuricculars under my belt but I do plan on starting a project in the summer. It's just insane to me that I'm almost done with my first year. Class rank is mediocrel; I score well above average in didactic, it's just that I always fumble by a percent over the stupid OSCE, OMM prac, or anatomy prac which evidently is enough to massively affect my class rank. Not this block!! Yeah any advice or tips? I don't feel like the faculty are totally in touch with the landscape for matching so I don't really know where to start. Thanks!

EDIT: OMS = Osteopathic Medical Student
 
Last edited:
Oh. Well my advice may be somewhat dated as I’ve been out for awhile. One take the usmle. Apply broadly. Do away rotations. You can PM me if you want