Advice for Pharmacist LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Soon2BPharmacst

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I figured it'd be best to start a new thread rather than posting this on the second page of another thread that's not asking exactly my question although it was similar. I just got hired at a Pharmacy and I'm trying to apply for Pharmacy School for Fall 2010, the schools I'm applying to require a recommendation letter from a work supervisor (which I have one done), a faculty member/advisor (have that done) and a practicing pharmacist. I planned on sending out everything by November 30 (the Monday after Thanksgiving) for deadlines of January and February but how do I ask one of the pharmacists that I work with for a letter of recommendation? I feel that is too early to ask for a letter of recommendation and if I do ask, they wouldn't have a reasonable amount of time to write it. Help! :scared:
 
If the letter is due in January or February, I'd just make it clear to the staff pharmacist what your intentions are (merit an LOR) right now and that you would like to be able to send it in by mid-December (I think you'll have to give your writer some time to actually get to know you).

From that point on, you should do your best, knowing that he has a small window in which to reasonably assess you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have daily conversations to get to know each other and imply your intentions as a pharmacist to your co-worker/pharmacist.