Advice for PharmD/MBA

Started by MishoXV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MishoXV

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I have a great opportunity ahead of me and I would like some advice. I have attained my PharmD and plan to complete residency to specialize in Oncology. However, due to some family events I have a year prior to starting residency to complete an MBA program. Thankfully, I have been admitted to the one- year MBA programs in University of Florida Hough school of business, and Johnson at Cornell University. The difference being a full scholarship to Florida and a 50k plus price tag at Cornell ( plus moving costs).

The reason I need advice is because I still plan on completing residency and working as an oncology pharmacist in a hospital setting for a number of years. After I gain some work experience in the hospital setting, I want the option to be able to move into a managerial position in an oncology division in the industry to be a possibility.

So my question, is by that time, will it matter where I get my MBA? If it doesn't matter, then I assume Florida would be the most cost-effective option but if it does matter, then obviously Cornell is the stronger option. Thank you in advance and I cannot wait to hear your opinions.
 
I appreciate the answer and the extra tip but can you elaborate why that would be the choice you would make. Thanks