Advice for PhD programs with Art Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

musicmouse92

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. So I was looking for some ideas and advice on graduate school paths/careers in Psychology. I’m about to complete my last year of undergrad and I am trying to figure out some programs that I can apply to for graduate school. I’m currently getting research experience and plan to get a couple more years before I apply to graduate school.

Just as a bit of background, I’m interested in clinical psychology and am most interested in a PhD program. I’d like to figure out a way to combine clinical psych and expressive arts therapy. While I know that most arts therapists only get Masters, I’d like to get a PhD because of the wider range of jobs and the responsibilities involved in PhD positions. Does someone have any recommendations of programs to apply to or internships/careers?


Thanks so much!
 
Sorry, this forum is pretty useless for you, it's all premed/predent. There's a psychology forum somewhere on SDN.