smohamma

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I wanted to know what are the best review books that I should start getting for the Step 2s. I am only planning on taking the COMLEX, and I really want to do my best on this exam (since I am not taking the USMLE). I already know how badly written/ambigious COMLEX q's are but the residency programs I am looking at are osteopathic so I really need to focus on the COMLEX. So please share what should be my main source and etc

For step 1 I used the Kaplan books (going over basic science), goljan for path, and read first aid as many times as I could as if my life depended on it, and I DID Kaplan Qbank/ Combank..... I just got my score and I passed (yay) and happy with it.....

So...now I am looking ahead to step 2 and I don't want to make the same mistakes as I did step one (believing that 6-8 wks is all you need... lol... yeah all I needed to kill myself). So please let me know whats the best way to prepare for COMLEX. Thanks so much for your advice!!!

Aug 16, 2009
Status
  1. Medical Student
U may have tested already for COMLEX II. I did on 10 Aug. Very close to COMBANK. Know your OMM. Every 3rd question has this. This is a DO exam not a MD exam. COMASE was OK but not really! Be logical to rule out what you known and therefore the answer is what you do not know. I had a lot of PEDs and GI. Good luck!

Aug 11, 2009
Status
I've heard that if your level 1 prep has been well enough clinically-oriented all you need is a 2 to 6-day intensive prep and no more. Don't waste your time and money.
One more; order one actual exam from NBOME!
May be you're much better on teh level II than you think!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads