Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am currently applying to medical school and have just sent in my primary applications, I am currently a super senior and have about 13 hours left to graduate. I am taking an extra year because I am getting a business administration minor and delayed taking Chem. 1 till my second semester freshman year rather than what people normally do by taking it the first semester.

My current semester consists of:

Fall 2020

Accounting 2 - 3 hrs

Ochem. 2 Lab - 2 hrs

Entrepreneurship- 3 hrs

Physics 1 Lab - 1 hr

Cultural Psychology- 3 hrs

For the Spring semester, my last course was Physics 2 lab. After this lab, I would be ready to graduate.

My idea is to spread out my courses between two semesters instead of having to just take a 1-hour physics 2 lab next semester. This means I would just be taking Ochem. 2, physics 1 lab, and cultural psychology this semester for a total of 6 hours. Then, next semester I would take my Accounting and Entrepreneurship courses along with my physics 2 lab for a total of 7 hours. I am thinking of doing this to give myself more time to work on my secondaries and to get actual in-class time for my business classes. I have enjoyed the interactions I have had with my business professors and would rather have in-person courses. My first concern is that for the planned courses section on my AACOMAS and TMDSA primaries I put my current schedule as what I currently have on my Fall 2020 schedule. My second concern is that medical schools may look down upon taking fall and spring semesters that consist of 6 and 7 hours respectively rather than my original plan of taking a 12 hour semester in the Fall and coming back in the Spring to finish up my 1-hour lab.

Another thing to know is I have not started pre-writing my secondaries because I just finished my MCAT recently. So I will be starting from scratch.

Last edited:

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Your projected coursework is non-binding. As long as you get your pre-reqs in before matriculation you’ll be fine. Similar to your number of credits. Med schools won’t care. Saying you wanted more time this semester to work on secondaries/spend time with family/volunteer/adapt to online learning/ect. isn’t going to hurt you.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Your projected coursework is non-binding. As long as you get your pre-reqs in before matriculation you’ll be fine. Similar to your number of credits. Med schools won’t care. Saying you wanted more time this semester to work on secondaries/spend time with family/volunteer/adapt to online learning/ect. isn’t going to hurt you.
Thanks, I think I'll take the light courseload then.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.