Advice for them newbies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nerdswagg88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
Hoping to solicit some good advice on how to become great at what I love to do🙂 I'll be starting a pgy1 in a couple weeks and nervous about being a new pharmacist. So what's some of your advice on how to effectively navigate these new waters??? Regardless of your pharmacy background/field I'd appreciate your input😀
 
Hello everyone,
Hoping to solicit some good advice on how to become great at what I love to do🙂 I'll be starting a pgy1 in a couple weeks and nervous about being a new pharmacist. So what's some of your advice on how to effectively navigate these new waters??? Regardless of your pharmacy background/field I'd appreciate your input😀

No dice Urkle.
 
PGY1 is chalk full of projects and presentations...start on these and get them done EARLY! Our current residents are scrambling to get everything done over the next 2 weeks. Not a great place to be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PGY1 is chalk full of projects and presentations...start on these and get them done EARLY! Our current residents are scrambling to get everything done over the next 2 weeks. Not a great place to be.

.
 
Last edited:
I agree, my life is absolutely glorious right now as I transition into PGY2 because I finished all my projects at the beginning of residency before the research and teaching really dialed up.

I was in the same boat. Never liked having things on my to do list, so front loaded all my projects as usual. The other 3 residents was poking fun at me at first, calling me a workaholic. But I got the last laugh. Mwahaha.
 
Awesome that you guys have great input, but seriously there's pros and cons to any job, none is perfect but this is as close to perfect for me, plus I'm happy in it🙂 but back to the topic at hand, other than time management, what other paddles do I need to row this boat???