Advice For Those Applying This Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kew

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
STUDY like mad for the DAT. Hopefully you get an easier version of the DAT. It took me twice to take it. But others nail it shut on the first time but I honestly think they got an easier question selection. Well,, maybe not easier but at least relavent to the Kaplan book they had been studying like mad from. However, after you take it, do whatever you can to be the first to apply (which is usually in middle May)
This sounds actually a lot easier than it is. It's not as easy as pushing submit because after you push submit on the AADSAS application, it's not til' then that you find out that you should have sent in your official transcript and now that will take another week. They don't care about your committee letter. Timing will go on without those. In fact, have your school send them directly to your schools, but if AADSAS gets them it's not mandatory for them to have them for them to count you in their ranking. IOW they will rank you without the LOR's and committee letter, but they will not rank you if they don't have your official transcript, so send that in ahead of time.
Then (this is where I failed a little) Send in your secondary applications to your schools as soon as you can. Contact them now (before their phones get tied up or they get tired of hearing from ya'll) and get this info now about how or when they want their secondaries. Heck, it's money in their pocket and they'll take it usually. This part is where it all counts because this is where the schools look at you. And priority is where it's at. For example, I sent all my secondaries in after I got my fall semester loans at the end of august and yes I did get interviews at six schools but I applied to 16. A lot of the other schools that I didn't get interviews at I should have, but they already had a butt load to sift through and my numbers probably didn't look as good being compared to 100 applications versus only 50 if I would have sent them in a month earlier. Another example is I interviewed at Loma Linda in late November but come to find that they still haven't taken my interview results with my application into their committee yet to be considered because there's just too many to consider. That's the plain and still facts.

SO GET THEM IN SO AS TO AT LEAST BE CONSIDERED. But if they have 2,000 before you, you average to above average scores don't mean anything if they're sitting in an unopened postoffice box.

I remember interviewing at Temple in December and I actually saw on their floor 4 boxes of applications from AADSAS that they still hadn't even opened because they just didn't have the manpower to go through all of them.

And lastly, take the first interview dates availabe. Don't postpone a week or two because they don't fit into your school schedule. Because that puts you 30 people behind. And they just may consider their class full at the 20 mark that day, therefore however great you think your interview went, it will never be known.

JUST my 2 billion cents. I hope it helps. Long Live Temple!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

kew said:
STUDY like mad for the DAT. Hopefully you get an easier version of the DAT. It took me twice to take it. But others nail it shut on the first time but I honestly think they got an easier question selection. Well,, maybe not easier but at least relavent to the Kaplan book they had been studying like mad from. However, after you take it, do whatever you can to be the first to apply (which is usually in middle May)
This sounds actually a lot easier than it is. It's not as easy as pushing submit because after you push submit on the AADSAS application, it's not til' then that you find out that you should have sent in your official transcript and now that will take another week. They don't care about your committee letter. Timing will go on without those. In fact, have your school send them directly to your schools, but if AADSAS gets them it's not mandatory for them to have them for them to count you in their ranking. IOW they will rank you without the LOR's and committee letter, but they will not rank you if they don't have your official transcript, so send that in ahead of time.
Then (this is where I failed a little) Send in your secondary applications to your schools as soon as you can. Contact them now (before their phones get tied up or they get tired of hearing from ya'll) and get this info now about how or when they want their secondaries. Heck, it's money in their pocket and they'll take it usually. This part is where it all counts because this is where the schools look at you. And priority is where it's at. For example, I sent all my secondaries in after I got my fall semester loans at the end of august and yes I did get interviews at six schools but I applied to 16. A lot of the other schools that I didn't get interviews at I should have, but they already had a butt load to sift through and my numbers probably didn't look as good being compared to 100 applications versus only 50 if I would have sent them in a month earlier. Another example is I interviewed at Loma Linda in late November but come to find that they still haven't taken my interview results with my application into their committee yet to be considered because there's just too many to consider. That's the plain and still facts.

SO GET THEM IN SO AS TO AT LEAST BE CONSIDERED. But if they have 2,000 before you, you average to above average scores don't mean anything if they're sitting in an unopened postoffice box.

I remember interviewing at Temple in December and I actually saw on their floor 4 boxes of applications from AADSAS that they still hadn't even opened because they just didn't have the manpower to go through all of them.

And lastly, take the first interview dates availabe. Don't postpone a week or two because they don't fit into your school schedule. Because that puts you 30 people behind. And they just may consider their class full at the 20 mark that day, therefore however great you think your interview went, it will never be known.

JUST my 2 billion cents. I hope it helps. Long Live Temple!!!!!
Good advice my friend!! Will definately take ALOT of this into consideration