Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm a 4th year med student, and already took my anesthesia rotation at my school, but am still having a hard time making my mind whether or not I want to go into Anesthesiology.
It would be real helpful if someone can be totally truthful and tell me what he/she thinks is the biggest strengths vs. weaknesses in the field? What made you go into it? Are the anesthesiologists you work woth/for generally happy with their career choice?
Is it possible to practice as anesthesiologist in a private group without having to take overnight call, or are you only limited to an ambulatory setting if that's the lifestyle you desire? If so, what are the drawbacks to that(less money made? etc). Also, how big of an issue, if any, is the lack of autonomy in terms of being dependent on the surgeon and/or having to take smack from them?
I''m real confused and want to make sure that I'm making the right decision, so any candid advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I'm a 4th year med student, and already took my anesthesia rotation at my school, but am still having a hard time making my mind whether or not I want to go into Anesthesiology.
It would be real helpful if someone can be totally truthful and tell me what he/she thinks is the biggest strengths vs. weaknesses in the field? What made you go into it? Are the anesthesiologists you work woth/for generally happy with their career choice?
Is it possible to practice as anesthesiologist in a private group without having to take overnight call, or are you only limited to an ambulatory setting if that's the lifestyle you desire? If so, what are the drawbacks to that(less money made? etc). Also, how big of an issue, if any, is the lack of autonomy in terms of being dependent on the surgeon and/or having to take smack from them?
I''m real confused and want to make sure that I'm making the right decision, so any candid advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks