MHA Advice needed for MHA acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cynicaloptimist

Reaction score
Any help will be appreciated. I was accepted to several programs for the Fall 2021 cycle and have shortlisted to the three schools below. Has anyone had any experiences or know anyone who attended any of these programs? Any pros and cons or personal experience will be helpful in my decision.
  • Rutgers University MHA
  • Boston University MPH- Healthcare Management w/25% scholarship
  • University of Illinois Chicago MHA
I'm an NJ resident so Rutgers costs me about half the money as the rest of the universities. Boston and Chicago also have a high cost of living. All of the programs are CAHME accredited and have a fairly good reputation and career outcomes.

Is it worth going to the pricier universities for the "brand name"? Will the fact that BU is an MPH program hurt job opportunities in the future? Any advice on what I should be considering while making my decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Any help will be appreciated. I was accepted to several programs for the Fall 2021 cycle and have shortlisted to the three schools below. Has anyone had any experiences or know anyone who attended any of these programs? Any pros and cons or personal experience will be helpful in my decision.
  • Rutgers University MHA
  • Boston University MPH- Healthcare Management w/25% scholarship
  • University of Illinois Chicago MHA
I'm an NJ resident so Rutgers costs me about half the money as the rest of the universities. Boston and Chicago also have a high cost of living. All of the programs are CAHME accredited and have a fairly good reputation and career outcomes.

Is it worth going to the pricier universities for the "brand name"? Will the fact that BU is an MPH program hurt job opportunities in the future? Any advice on what I should be considering while making my decision?
Go to the cheaper route. All my coworkers having MHA, MPH, MBAs we all started around the same time. We all have around the same starting salaries. I have coworkers who went to Yale, BU, Harvard and other state schools. I think we could all attest that atleast in the health administration field brand doesn't matter only proven experience. Our director of the hospital went to Capella University. I'm not trying to down play anyone that has went there. However, I'm trying to bring the point that experience holds more weight then education in the healthcare admin field. So, might as well go for the cheaper route . Advice from me would be to get your education from the cheapest option. Also, while in school get some really good internships. After such, I don't forsee you having any issues regarding employment after graduation.