MHA UIUC MHA - Questions/Concerns!

Started by ttran98
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttran98

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm a new member here and have browsed at the 2022 MHA thread. After reading this, I got inspired to apply for many of those schools in the future.
I recently got admitted to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's MHA program. They are a new(ish) program at my school, so there isn't much data.
I know that CAHME programs are seen as a higher value and I wanted to get a fellowship/residency through my program and I know usually these opportunities are offered to CAHME programs.

My question is, is it worth to go here even though it's CEPH accredited but not CAHME accredited?

I applied here because I went to undergrad here and loved the campus and resources, and I believe I will have the opportunities and resources while in the program. I heard from a friend that the cohort has expanded, so mine will be a little bigger.

For more information: MHA home | College of Applied Health Sciences . They also have Applied Practice Experience (200+ hours after 1st year working in health admin setting/on the job experience) and Integrated Learning Experience

Am I making the right choice in possibly rejecting/deferring to take the GRE and apply for schools such as: UIC, USC, UAB, Rush, etc.

If you have any clarification questions please let me know. I feel like I'm at an existential crisis right now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.