MHA UIUC MHA - Questions/Concerns!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttran98

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new member here and have browsed at the 2022 MHA thread. After reading this, I got inspired to apply for many of those schools in the future.
I recently got admitted to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's MHA program. They are a new(ish) program at my school, so there isn't much data.
I know that CAHME programs are seen as a higher value and I wanted to get a fellowship/residency through my program and I know usually these opportunities are offered to CAHME programs.

My question is, is it worth to go here even though it's CEPH accredited but not CAHME accredited?

I applied here because I went to undergrad here and loved the campus and resources, and I believe I will have the opportunities and resources while in the program. I heard from a friend that the cohort has expanded, so mine will be a little bigger.

For more information: MHA home | College of Applied Health Sciences . They also have Applied Practice Experience (200+ hours after 1st year working in health admin setting/on the job experience) and Integrated Learning Experience

Am I making the right choice in possibly rejecting/deferring to take the GRE and apply for schools such as: UIC, USC, UAB, Rush, etc.

If you have any clarification questions please let me know. I feel like I'm at an existential crisis right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.