• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
May 5, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
So I took the GREs this week and scored V 460, M 760.
Going through the verbal section I wasn't very confident and felt like I had to guess more than I should have. I also didn't finish the section on time and left out 4 or 5 questions unanswered. Should I retake the new revised GRE to get a better verbal score? I know combined the score isn't that bad but it's really skewed.

Before you answer you should also know that my undergrad GPA isn't that great either. I graduated with a BA Bio and a 2.9.
Since I've taken pre-reqs however, my overall GPA has gone up to 3.02.

Undergrad
Bio I/II B+, Chem I/II B+, Physics I/II A, Microbio C-, Orgo I/II C, Animal Physiology D

Post-bach
Psych A, Developmental Psych A, Stat B+, A&P I A-, A&P II B

I know some of these courses aren't required but they're just some that screwed me over in my undergrad years. Should I retake any to try to boost my GPA? What exactly goes into the science GPA?

In addition, I also have 200 hours in an inpatient hospital setting and I've been working part-time as an aide for an outpatient ortho clinic for over a year so over 1000 hours there.

I know there's a lot to consider but I don't know what my next step should be. Thanks for the help in advance.

CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2011
Status
Physical Therapist
That is a sexy quantitative score! Holy cow!

IMHO, I don't think the verbal score is bad, so I wouldn't retake the GRE.

I don't feel qualified to answer on the classes, so I'll let some other people help with that! :)

markelmarcel

7+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2009
Status
DPT / OTD
I wouldn't retake the GRE, honestly. I stressed myself out SO much about the GRE, especially the verbal section, and didn't get rejected from anywhere.

Take the score and run with it!

About the Ads