1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Advice needed on retaking GRE/ classes

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by bfrank, Jul 22, 2011.

1. bfrank

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    So I took the GREs this week and scored V 460, M 760.
    Going through the verbal section I wasn't very confident and felt like I had to guess more than I should have. I also didn't finish the section on time and left out 4 or 5 questions unanswered. Should I retake the new revised GRE to get a better verbal score? I know combined the score isn't that bad but it's really skewed.

Before you answer you should also know that my undergrad GPA isn't that great either. I graduated with a BA Bio and a 2.9.
    Since I've taken pre-reqs however, my overall GPA has gone up to 3.02.

Undergrad
    Bio I/II B+, Chem I/II B+, Physics I/II A, Microbio C-, Orgo I/II C, Animal Physiology D

Post-bach
    Psych A, Developmental Psych A, Stat B+, A&P I A-, A&P II B

I know some of these courses aren't required but they're just some that screwed me over in my undergrad years. Should I retake any to try to boost my GPA? What exactly goes into the science GPA?

In addition, I also have 200 hours in an inpatient hospital setting and I've been working part-time as an aide for an outpatient ortho clinic for over a year so over 1000 hours there.

I know there's a lot to consider but I don't know what my next step should be. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    That is a sexy quantitative score! Holy cow!

IMHO, I don't think the verbal score is bad, so I wouldn't retake the GRE.

I don't feel qualified to answer on the classes, so I'll let some other people help with that! :)

4. markelmarcel

7+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    I wouldn't retake the GRE, honestly. I stressed myself out SO much about the GRE, especially the verbal section, and didn't get rejected from anywhere.

Take the score and run with it!