Advice Needed, Please Read!

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by AnkPat, Aug 2, 2011.

  1. AnkPat

    Aug 2, 2011
    Likes Received:
    Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I dont want to beat around the bush, so let me just put my stats out there first:

    cGPA: 2.998
    sGPA: 2.7

    -MCAT: Signed up for September 8th for the first time, Honestly have not had enough time, so might take again in January.
    -2+ years of volunteering at a well known hospital during my undergrad w/ hands on clinical experience.
    -have shadowed a DPM and completely loved it.
    -The reason I want to pursue podiatry is genuinely because of dance. There's a story here, but I dont want to bore anyone with the details! But all in all, I know I want to become a podiatrist, theres no question about it in my mind.

    So i need some advice. I know AACPMAS planned to open their application cycle August 1st. So as for the MCAT, I'm only going to really have a solid month and a half to study b/c of some family issues after graduation. So I know if I retake it in January, i'll do much better. That being said, I'm planning on sending my application in w/ a pending MCAT score. If i dont do so well in September, and decide to wait and send in my January score instead, is that really killing my chances??

    I know that my GPA and all isn't great at all, so I'm completely lost as to what to do. Also, for my LOR's right now I have one Science professor and one DPM, besides science professors/research professors, who do you recommend getting a 3rd letter from? (I cant ask any science/research professors b/c I havent kept in touch.)

    Sorry for the numerous questions, my heads a mess and I could use some help! Thank you!
  2. MaxillofacialMN

    MaxillofacialMN Osteopathic Foot Dentist
    7+ Year Member

    Dec 2, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Podiatry Student

    If I were you, I'd just go ahead and apply. I don't know how true this is, but people on here have talked about schools granting interviews before MCAT scores are sent to them. Also, how much better are you planning to do in January? I'd just suck it up, bust your balls right now and take the MCAT in September and do as well as you can. Devote your life to it this next month - read some posts on the MCAT discussion board on how to do this, and then you'll be fine. If you had a decent undergraduate experience and study your ass off for a month, I'm sure you can land at least somewhere in the low to mid twenties...
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page