Advice needed re: two job offers!

Started by sunny1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I would be careful with stretching yourself thin. The most important thing is to first do well on the Classes and then the MCAT. If you get in over your head it is going to take at least a year before reapplying if you need to retake classes. I think grades would help more than contacts in getting in unless you could get some Benjamin's to the admittance committee 😀
 
Hi Sunny, it sounds like you are more interested in Job 2. So I say go for job 2. I worked full time while taking 16 units of class and studying for the MCAT during the 1st half of this year. It can be done. It will require a lot of disipline to pull off that schedule but it's only 5-months of hell. As long as you think you can pull A's. The only thing that might screw you up is if your class lecture/lab conflicts with work. For me, I had to take all my classes in the evening or the weekends. So I would make sure you either have a flexible work schedule or you know the class schedule already and know that it doesn't conflict with the schedule you will be working.