Advice Needed - What Should Everyone Know When Becoming PIC [retail]?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twentytwelve2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Need advice from other pharmacy managers here.. When you take over as PIC, what are the must-do things that should be checked/addressed to protect your license??? If I dont get any response, that's okay too. I guess I can find it somewhere on the inter web.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm I am sure it is state specific but I seem to recall needing to do some paperwork for the BOP and conducting an inventory for our controlled substances. As for protecting your license, I guess making sure your staff are following all laws should go a long way towards that. Good luck!

I make sure to do a mock Board of Pharmacy inspection every two weeks and a mock loss prevention audit every two weeks. These are the two big areas that can get you in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Need advice from other pharmacy managers here.. When you take over as PIC, what are the must-do things that should be checked/addressed to protect your license??? If I dont get any response, that's okay too. I guess I can find it somewhere on the inter web.

Keep your controls in order/inventoried properly, maintain the required records, and make sure your staff is properly trained to get you to counsel new scripts/not miss counseling. Checking your controls, being asked to pull up documentation, and counseling habits is usually how the DEA or state board will try to get you. Do these things properly above all else.