ADVICE NEEDED!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optstu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated with a bachelors of biology with a 3.5 accumulative GPA. I am working at an optometry clinic for 3 years now and I am currently doing vision therapy training. I took a gap year to work in the field and apply for school but I applied so late due to curtain circumstances. So I applied to the schools I wanted a week before the deadline. I was not happy what so ever with my OAT score (280) and I knew that with my score and late application i will for sure be rejected so I decided to take another year off and retake my exam to get the score i wanted. I want to be one of the first applicants bc I know that i will have a better chance. Is withdrawing an application bad in the eyes of optometry school. I informed them that my reasons were to gain more experience and strengthen my application for the following enrollment year. Any advice on the timeline to take my OAT and tips? and what is your thought about withdrawing the application and reapplying? Do they really care and just look at the updated application. because I was never rejected just put on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to help clarify things, the schools waitlisted you for Fall 2017? Did they give you a reason why other than you applying late. And which schools did you apply to? It depends on the schools, because I've heard that some will hold on to your app for the next cycle

Why not stay on the waitlist though just in case? I applied super late too and I have similar stats as you. I know some schools let you retake until June 1st if that helps, so you can find out!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited: