Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockstar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an IMG with scores 224, 232 and 198 and interested in OBGYN residency..I'm an old grad (2011) and was wondering if IM prelim year would help with OBGYN residency? I interviewed at a program for IM prelim and was thinking what my options would be after completion if I were to match there..Any advice would be really appreciated..Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an IMG with scores 224, 232 and 198 and interested in OBGYN residency..I'm an old grad (2011) and was wondering if IM prelim year would help with OBGYN residency? I interviewed at a program for IM prelim and was thinking what my options would be after completion if I were to match there..Any advice would be really appreciated..Thank you.

I think your chances of completing intern year are really good if you match there... most people graduate intern year after all. though I am not sure of your individual circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I think your chances of completing intern year are really good if you match there... most people graduate intern year after all. though I am not sure of your individual circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

But would the IM prelim experience improve my chances for OBGYN residency?