Advice needed

D

deleted960078

So i took my oats and got average score of 290, and science score was 300. I already have my BA in biology graduated with a 3.0(2018 grad). I have shadowed an optometrist for a full summer and have been working as a optometry technician for the past 2 years. i am really considering doing the postbach at NOVA instead of applying this cycle just because im afraid of rejection. i mean my grades and score are just average but i always been more of a hands on a person, everything i learned from working at a practice i cannot put onto paper. so any feedback would help. I do have my application ready on optomcas but not sure if i should hit that submit button :/

Members don't see this ad.

I would at least apply to one or two schools. I'm pretty sure PCO interviews everyone so it's worth a shot! You never know until you try

So i took my oats and got average score of 290, and science score was 300. I already have my BA in biology graduated with a 3.0(2018 grad). I have shadowed an optometrist for a full summer and have been working as a optometry technician for the past 2 years. i am really considering doing the postbach at NOVA instead of applying this cycle just because im afraid of rejection. i mean my grades and score are just average but i always been more of a hands on a person, everything i learned from working at a practice i cannot put onto paper. so any feedback would help. I do have my application ready on optomcas but not sure if i should hit that submit button :/

Any offers?

I had similar stats like you. I applied to five schools and recieved 4 interviews. I got accepted to two schools. I think you have a great shot and might want to reconsider that decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had similar stats like you. I applied to five schools and recieved 4 interviews. I got accepted to two schools. I think you have a great shot and might want to reconsider that decision!
Which two schools were you accepted to? And what were your stats?

I got accepted into Salus and midwestern chicago. I had a 290 oats and 3.1 gpa science and overall with a lot of extra curricular activities.
Thank you for your response. Salus is one of the top 2 choices of mine and they extended an interview to me. How is life at Salus?

Thank you for your response. Salus is one of the top 2 choices of mine and they extended an interview to me. How is life at Salus?
The campus is beautiful from outside but very dark from the inside so it felt a bit depressing. But the faculty and students there are very friendly. The interview was open file laid back interview. The rest of the day they show you around and take you to the Eye clinic. At the end you have lunch with the current students there to ask any other personal questions about the school. I didnt end up choosing that school but im sure you’ll get an oppurtunity to ask the students there about Salus life more.

Reactions: 1 users
The campus is beautiful from outside but very dark from the inside so it felt a bit depressing. But the faculty and students there are very friendly. The interview was open file laid back interview. The rest of the day they show you around and take you to the Eye clinic. At the end you have lunch with the current students there to ask any other personal questions about the school. I didnt end up choosing that school but im sure you’ll get an oppurtunity to ask the students there about Salus life more.
Thank you for your insight.

I got accepted into Salus and midwestern chicago. I had a 290 oats and 3.1 gpa science and overall with a lot of extra curricular activities.

Hello, I noticed you have interviewed for Salus Optometry program before and I have my own interview coming up next week because I literally just scheduled it and would love to know what kind of questions they asked since it is open file and how was it in general? I appreciate all your help.