Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ininfinitum

blah blah
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need advice on applying to Dental School.

Basically, my GPA sucks. I have a 2.8 at UCLA. A few extra curriculars, an 18 on the PAT, 19 Scholastic. I'm rethinking my options, and wondering if I should apply come June, or take some post Bacc classes. I'm not picky about what school I'll be going to. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Charles

Members don't see this ad.

you definately need to boost your GPA up to at least a 3.0 to have a better chance-take easier classes.....like art or music or some business classes! Otherwise, maybe looking into schools that weigh more on DAT than GPA will help...like UoP. Hope this helped. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ininfinitum said:
Hi everyone,

I need advice on applying to Dental School.

Basically, my GPA sucks. I have a 2.8 at UCLA. A few extra curriculars, an 18 on the PAT, 19 Scholastic. I'm rethinking my options, and wondering if I should apply come June, or take some post Bacc classes. I'm not picky about what school I'll be going to. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Charles

you should raise your gpa so that your science and your cumulative are 3.0 or more. are you still in undergrad if not maybe you could do some postbacc. or a masters program? also your dat scores are good but since your gpa is low you should probably retake it and get some 20's. the best thing to do is call up the schools you're interested in and find out from them. if you decide to apply go for private schools like BU, NYU and Temple. :confused:

search for the "under 3.0 GPA club" thread. It is full of students in that situation--you can check to see if any of them got in with less than 3.0.

my two cents:

If you can get your dat to a 20 and raise your GPA as much as you can then NYU/BU (private, expensive, but less selective) type of schools might accept you. Good luck!