Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscles00GT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in my 4th semester and once this semester is over, I will have my general chems, physics, and biology prereqs complete. In the Fall (my 5th semester), I will be taking Orgo 1, followed by orgo 2 in the spring. My question is I plan on studying for the MCAT this summer. I plan on buying the examkrackers books and studying them over the summer. So, when would it be recommended for me to take a shot at the MCAT? A buddy of mine told me next spring, but I'm somewhat hesitant because at that point, I would have only completed orgo1 and be in the middle of orgo2. ANy suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Next spring sounds about right. Of course things are subject to change, but there was only one organic passage on this past Jan. MCAT...not to mention the fact that it was easy, like most organic passages.
Anyhow, I think it is a great start for you to study over the summer--lightly, and you will find that whatever is covered by the MCAT from Organic II will be easy to manage. What's more important are your lab techniques from O. Chem I--which are covered in O.Chem II lab as well as your key reactions as outlined in the EK Organic manual. :luck:

Next spring sounds about right. Of course things are subject to change, but there was only one organic passage on this past Jan. MCAT...not to mention the fact that it was easy, like most organic passages.
Anyhow, I think it is a great start for you to study over the summer--lightly, and you will find that whatever is covered by the MCAT from Organic II will be easy to manage. What's more important are your lab techniques from O. Chem I--which are covered in O.Chem II lab as well as your key reactions as outlined in the EK Organic manual. :luck:

Awesome, thanks for the help. :)