Advice Needed!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimeaciax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've taken a year of Bio, a year of calc, one semester of chem, a semester of physics, and no orgo... nor biochem. can i still start studying for the MCAT? Or should I wait until I took those classes and start?

Edit: I added physics

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can start studying for the MCAT whenever you want...the question is when are you going to be taking it? You probably shouldn't, however, actually TAKE the MCAT until you've taken Physics, Bio, Chem, and Orgo.

Trying to figure out orgo for yourself is bad news. You can give it a shot, but honestly with all the material on the MCAT, limit your studying to what you have at least had some experience in. Then expand what you are studying as you learn it in class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking either taking it in April or next August.

Figure out when you need to take the MCAT. Take enough classes before then so that you're able to just "review and practice for the MCAT."

That's how the top scores are had; by reviewing relevant material that you've previously mastered and practicing full-length tests.

Best of luck.

biochem isnt needed on the mcat. the other classes are good to have before you take it.

Well you can start reviewing for the Biological Sciences section, but I'd hold off on Physical Sciences.