Advice on CPJE Study Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newmember123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Did anyone use the study guide on ebay by Grifoll for the clinical portion of CPJE?? It's about $45. Wanting to hear some recommendations to help study for the clinical portion besides the pharmacy charts. My Rxprep quiz bank subscription already expired.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I studied out of the book and made flashcards for the clinical portion of the CPJE. My NAPLEX bank had expired but I had recently taken the NAPLEX so I was still pretty sharp.

Reactions: 1 user
A few more questions about the CPJE
1) Do they ask about biosimilars? For example biosimilar of neupogen is granix. You cannot automatically substitute, you would have to call the physician or would need some sort of P&T committee approval.
2) What type of lab questions do they ask? For example phenytoin blood levels is suppose to be within 10-20mcg/ml. Certain drugs also alter normal body blood levels. For example phenytoin also increases GGT levels. Am I suppose to know normal GGT levels?
3) Do they ask a lot about cancer/chemo therapy drugs?
4) What type of equations do you need to know? For example CrCl, IBW, etc.
5) Do they ask a lot about combination name/brand generic drugs?
6) Counseling points and storage?
7) also i hate birth control, there are so many of them. what do you do when you miss a dose?

1. They can, I remember this being brought up in the RxPrep guide.
2. Any labs are fair game. Know your BMP, CBC + diff, liver labs, etc. they are NOT given to you like on the NAPLEX. You should know target blood levels for certain drugs (phenytoin, digoxin, tacrolimus) - at least one of these was on my exam.
3. I had a couple chemo drugs - mainly SE questions and how to deal
4. Always know CrCl and IBW, adjBW, ABW etc and when to use which one. I pretty much calculated CrCl for every patient I could. I had one dilution math problem and one drug level math problem. So they are a possibility, but some people have had zero math problems.
5. yes - ie HIV combos. and LOTS of brand name.
6. YES
7. I didn't have any but I guess it's a possibility.

Really there is no good way to direct your studying. I had a friend tell me they had like 1/3 of their test focused on anticonvulsants etc and I didn't have a single question on those. Another friend say they had like 5 antibiotic questions, and I had 1. Some people have 2-3 law related questions, some more. Some people have no math, while some have them. So just because I said I had these topics on my exam will not make it true for anyone else and I wouldn't use that as a guide for studying/not studying certain topics/memorizing certain labs. Unfortunately you have to expect anything and everything to come at you on this exam.