Advice on financing and getting into Drexel MSP program needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dandoe123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all.

i'm currently a PhD student in immunology at emory university and hope to be wrapping things up in the next couple months.

after spending the past 5 years of so working on my PhD, i decided that i'd like to go to medical school to get my MD so that i can do more clinical work and better combine bench and clinical research.

anyway, since it's been a while since i graduated undergrad and i have yet to take the MCAT, i'm considering applying for the Drexel MSP program for fall '08.

i was curious to know what they base their admission decision on. i know from their website that you need to have fulfilled the pre-med pre-reqs with a minimum of "C" average, but i'm assuming that "majority" of the applicants have done at least that. what else are they looking for?

i was also wondering how everyone finances their post-bacc program? i know of the traditional stafford loans... but what else is out there? in addition, is there a cap on how much you are eligible for in terms of the stafford loans? i have about 50-60K from undergrad/grad already and was wondering if that'd affect my applying for stafford loan for the post-bacc program. i also read on this site somewhere that some people also take on Grad Plus Loan, but this is credit dependent. My credit isn't "horrible"... but I've got a few blemishes here and there. Any loans I can apply for with maybe a co-signer?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Members don't see this ad.