tkuczek2

5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey,

What do you all think of health informatics as a growing field? I am interested in obtaining a Masters in Health Informatics after I graduate with my undergraduate degree this December. What worries me a tad is that I do not have an RN, MD, or any professional clinical patient experience. What I do have is three years of experience at Athletico Physical Therapy as a rehabilitation aide and office coordinator. Throughout my years at Athletico, I have constantly been exposed to EHR medical records, health insurance, etc.

My undergraduate degree will be in Finance. I chose this concentration in business, due to its analytical skill. This major is supplemented with a minor in Kinesiology as I was first on a Pre-PT track before switching into the College of Business at UIC.

Lastly, I am only 23 years old, so there is plenty of years for me to grow. What I am looking for in this post is advice on how to gain more experience and exposure into the field of health informatics to know truly that it's something I want to pursue. Any certain jobs, certifications or classes are there that you recommend me taking to make my choice easier?

Thank you.

About the Ads