Advice on Ob/Gyn books for residency

Started by docny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docny

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone.. 🙂

I'm applying through the match to start in an ob/gyn residency this July. It's been a few years since I graduated from medical school and I don't remember anything from my ob/gyn rotation! I have some time off before starting residency so I thought I'd do some reviewing. What books do you recommend for a good quick review prior to starting? Also, what books do you recommend for use during residency? I know I probably won't have much time to study, especially during first year, so if I can get a head start now I think it may be easier for me when it comes time for CREOGs.

Thanks !
 
A very good and extremely quick review is High Yield OB/GYN. It is limited in detail, but comprehensive. You could read it in one sitting. Good luck in the match.
 
Books aside, if it's been awhile since you've done OB and cervical exams you need to get the Pocket Dilation Guide(pocketdilationguide.com) to help with cervical dilation measurements. It helped relieve some of my anxiety. At least I knew what I was supposed to be feeling before I got there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it !!

I still have Beckmann from medschool - it was purple back then. 😳 But I really do need to get back to the basics for now...
 
Hi. I would suggest that you could read Jeffcoate's principles of gynaecology's international edition. It makes for some easy bedside reading during the first year of residency.

You could also read COGDT to gain an overall perspective in to ob-gyn.