Advice on Pre-Pharm. classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Insomniac12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any people in here have any sort of advice on pre-pharmacy classes to take, studying habits, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm studying for exams so I have little time - hopefully someone else can elaborate:

Take two years worth of sciences; math chem physics bio 1st year and micro/organic chem/metabolism (biochem) / maybe an immunology course 2nd year.

most people find science courses to be study intensive and require a fair amount of practice and repetition to fully understand the concept.

One huge tip that people don't discover until later is that reviewing a lecture within 12 hours of having it makes a HUGE difference in terms of long term memory retention. I.e chem lecture in the morning, review it - even for 20 mins- that night. Proven difference.

These courses will be a fair indicator of your ability in pharm school, so give it your all and good luck. If it doesnt work out, at least you have an early warning instead of discovering this in pharmacy school.

Cheers.

Good advice, thanks.

I'm going to a 2+4 yr program so I'll have to take 2 bio courses, 2 gen. chem, 2 anatomy and physiology, 2 physics, 2 org chem, and others not science related.
so it'll total up to ~66 hrs in two yrs.