Advice on sending reminders to Physician for research collaboration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drleggo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all doing well! Just wondering if anyone had any advice for my current situation. I am currently working with a physician who runs his own research lab and we've come up with an idea to translate his lab work to a clinical study. We reached out to a number of collaborators and finally had a great conversation with someone who seemed very interested. After our initial conversation, he had even said he looked forward to collaborating o the project. We sent along some additional info for him to look over and after not hearing back for 2-weeks, I reached back out to him. He responded quickly saying he had been super busy on inpatient time and was planning to look over all the material in the next week. He additionally asked a follow-up question regarding the study. Since answering his last email back I have not heard back and it has been another 2-weeks. I don't want to be at all overbearing or annoying so wondering if anyone has any advice on reaching back out again?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Some people are constantly behind the ball and need frequent nudging. They are not necessarily bad researchers, just flaky/overcommitted/disorganized/etc. Your options may be limited now, but in the future try to limit your collaborations with this sort.

2. Ask your PI for advice and, preferably, have him write these follow-up emails and copy you. Unfortunately, messages from trainees do not always get priority.

1. Some people are constantly behind the ball and need frequent nudging. They are not necessarily bad researchers, just flaky/overcommitted/disorganized/etc. Your options may be limited now, but in the future try to limit your collaborations with this sort.

2. Ask your PI for advice and, preferably, have him write these follow-up emails and copy you. Unfortunately, messages from trainees do not always get priority.
Thank you so much!