Advice on shadowing/volunteering/work exp.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gainsandbrains

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am applying this cycle and I really need some advice regarding shadowing/volunteering.
I am projected to have around 150 hours of shadowing by the time I submit and I am aiming to have around 200 hours of volunteering. I am currently being offered an opportunity to work in a dental office to fill the rest of the free time I have, however I wanted advice on whether it would be better for my application to have hands on dental experience (paid; position: dental assistant/front desk) or use the rest of my free time to build more shadowing or volunteer experience.
Additionally, what is the ideal number of shadowing/volunteer hours for California schools?
Really appreciate the help and please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I am applying this cycle and I really need some advice regarding shadowing/volunteering.
I am projected to have around 150 hours of shadowing by the time I submit and I am aiming to have around 200 hours of volunteering. I am currently being offered an opportunity to work in a dental office to fill the rest of the free time I have, however I wanted advice on whether it would be better for my application to have hands on dental experience (paid; position: dental assistant/front desk) or use the rest of my free time to build more shadowing or volunteer experience.
Additionally, what is the ideal number of shadowing/volunteer hours for California schools?
Really appreciate the help and please let me know if I need to provide more information.
take the job

Members don't see this ad :)