General Admissions & OTCAS Advice on where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aot007

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so here are my stats

University: Florida A&M University
Major: B.S. Health Science Pre-Occupational therapy
Overall GPA: Cum 3.17 (2.97 according to OTCAS, should go up retook 2 prereqs)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0 - 3.5 (depending on school)
GRE: 143V, 143Q, 4.0 AW (Will be retaking in August 2017)

Job Experience:
1000+ hours outpatient clinic as a therapy aide (current job)

Volunteer:
20 acute care
20 skilled nursing
20 outpatient (not including my work hours)

Need some advice about where I should apply, I want to stay in Florida but I wouldn't mind going out of the state. Im trying to be positive as this will be my 2nd year applying 🙁
 
I'm in the same boat with the GPA. It sucks because my actual GPA is over 3, but when applying to OTCAS schools, it's just under (same as yours). Pretty much gives us no chance with a good chunk of schools, as a majority of schools are OTCAS and require a 3.0.
 
https://www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Find-School.aspx

I think this is pretty much the official list for accredited universities across America for Master's and Doctorate. It's hard to tell you where to apply because we don't know much about your preferences for cities to live in (something I take consideration in highly). But, checking out that link is the best place to start. I suggest making a spreadsheet of the schools you're willing to apply to/willing to look at your application.