Advice on where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Clostridium botulinum

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a Canadian student, and I applied to Waterloo and UC Berkeley this year. I'm pretty torn now because originally my first choice was Waterloo because the tuition is so much less (60K vs 250 K), but after vising both campuses/students/faculty for the interview, I really fell in love with UCBSO. The school atmosphere was so friendly and I feel the clinical exposure is better. Does it matter where you get your OD? Have any other Canadian students have to make the choice between Waterloo vs an american optom school? Thanks for your input!
 
Hi,

I was wondering what school you decided on attending because I am in the exact same boat! I absolutely loved Berkeley’s atmosphere and I feel like the curriculum and how optometrists are treated in the states seems to be more advanced. But, thinking of a 250K+ debt is insane and I don’t know how much more stress that is worth it?

Thanks in advance for any insight!