advice on whether or not to retake DAT?

Started by rdremixed
Tags Tags
dat 2018
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rdremixed

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post/something is off, this is my first time!

I just took my DAT today and am feeling really :/ about it. I got a 23 AA, 20 TS, 21 PAT, 26 RC, 26 QR, 21 Bio, 21 GC, 19 OC. The orgo score in particular has me wondering if I should retake—I’m wondering if a 20 TS is considered competitive or not in an app. I know that my 23 AA is only because I scored highly in two sections that aren’t weighted as heavily, and so I’d appreciate any advice on whether it’s worth it for me to retake!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say you're fine, especially if you earned an A in the Orgo 1 and 2 courses! 23 is a fantastic score!! How'd you prepare?!
That’s just the thing—I got a B first sem of orgo and a C+ the second sem. My situation is a little different in that I’m a nontraditional applicant. I graduated from undergrad and decided afterwards that I wanted to pursue dental school, so I took time to re/take classes and I work as a dental assistant now. I didn’t retake organic chemistry, and so those grades are from a few years ago.

Thank you very much for the compliment! I pretty much followed Bootcamp’s schedule letter for letter for my prep.
 
That’s just the thing—I got a B first sem of orgo and a C+ the second sem. My situation is a little different in that I’m a nontraditional applicant. I graduated from undergrad and decided afterwards that I wanted to pursue dental school, so I took time to re/take classes and I work as a dental assistant now. I didn’t retake organic chemistry, and so those grades are from a few years ago.

Thank you very much for the compliment! I pretty much followed Bootcamp’s schedule letter for letter for my prep.
You'll be fine as long as you didn't get a C- in orgo. C+ is fine.