Advice on which LOR to submit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsims2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advice on which LOR to submit

I have a committee letter and have to choose one more for the optional for TMDSAS. I have on one hand

-professor, 2 years of research together, received A’s in both of her classes, however I know she’s busy and I wrote the LOR myself so not sure how “strong” it will be

-MD who I shadowed and have known since I was a freshman in high school, knows my character extensively, can speak on my work ethic and how I treat others, I believe his letter will be strong as he was enthusiastic about writing it himself.

Opinions? If I could submit both I would.

Members don't see this ad.

Why isn't the letter from the professor strong if you wrote it? Assuming she signs what you wrote, won't the letter be enthusiastic and say exactly what you want? Am I missing something?

Why isn't the letter from the professor strong if you wrote it? Assuming she signs what you wrote, won't the letter be enthusiastic and say exactly what you want? Am I missing something?
I feel as if most letters from professors are generic, even if you write them yourself. I could be wrong though.